One of Nerja’s main attractions is the beaches.
There are many beaches to choose between:
- Playa El Playazo can be found west of Nerja.
- Playa La Torrecilla is a small beach in the western part of the town.
- Playa El Salon is small beach embedded by rocky cliffs.
- Playa La Caletilla is a very attractive beach surrounded by rocky outcrops just below Balcon de Europa on the west side.
- Playa Calahonda, Playa Chorillo and Playa Carabeo are very small beaches separated by boulders and rocky cliffsides east of Balcon de Europa.
- Playa Burriana is the most famous beach in Nerja. It has a childrens play area.
- Playa de Maro in the Maro village just east of Nerja is one of the best beaches in Andalucia. It has been voted the second best beach in Spain.
- Playa Cañuelo is further away from Nerja in a nature reserve. In the Summer there is a minibus from the parking down to the beach for a €2 return ticket.
- Andalucia.com: Beaches in Nerja