The weather in Nerja is sunny 300 days per year. 200 of these days are virtually cloudless. Nerja has a temperate and sub-tropical micro-climate that may be the best in Europe.
Nerja is a small seaside town east of Malaga on Costa del Sol, in the region of Andalucia in Spain. The picture above is from the beautiful white village of Frigiliana just outside of Nerja.
- Nerja is situated in the attractive foothills of the Sierra Almijara mountains.
- Nerja is not dominated by ugly concrete hotels.
There are a lot of beaches to discover. The most famous beach is called Burriana.
The Nerja caves are famous.
A famous Spanish television show called Verano Azul (Blue Summer) was recorded in Nerja. It was originally broadcast in 1981. This boat, that is a symbol for the television show can still be seen in Nerja.
When in Nerja:
- Get fantastic views of the sea at the Balcon de Europa.
- Visit the Nerja Caves (Cuevas de Nerja), with the tallest natural pillar in the world.
- Visit the prettiest village in Andalucia, just 7 kilometers away: Frigiliana.